The University of Hartford partnered with CASHNet Systems to deliver bills via e-mail rather than by U.S. mail. When the bill is ready to be viewed, students receive a message through their University e-mail accounts directing them to log in to the Student Self-Service Center and be redirected to CASHNet Self-Serve to view their bills.

E-billing allows you, and others to whom you grant permission, to access and securely manage your account online. Students can add authorized users via CASHNet Self-Serve by providing a login and e-mail address. Once enrolled, the authorized users receive an e-mail containing their login ID and a temporary password. In this email, there is also a link that directs the authorized user to log in with the ID and temporary password. The system then prompts the authorized user to change the password. After confirming enrollment, parents and other authorized users receive an e-mail notification whenever a bill is ready to be viewed.

Bills must be paid by the due date to avoid late charges. Students are responsible for doing this even if an e-mail notification isn't received or viewed. Students and authorized users can view the student's current balance due at any time through CASHNet Self-Serve. Students and authorized users have e-payment options, including ACH and, for a fee, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover credit cards.

All students are expected to check their University of Hartford e-mail accounts regularly for bill notification and other University account information such as holds and missing documents. Students should check their spam filters and mailbox limits to make sure they can always accept email from the University of Hartford. If you are a student and do not have a current university email account, please contact Information Technology Services (ITS) at 860.768.4357 to inquire about setting up an account. Students can also contact ITS with any other questions or issues regarding their e-mail accounts.

Instructions for E-Billing

Log in to CASHNet, entering your University ID in the login box and Self-Service PIN in the password one. If you cannot remember your PIN, contact the University of Hartford Help Desk Services at 860.768.4357 (HELP) or email to have it reset. After logging in, you will be directed to the Student Dashboard. From here, you can view recent activity on your account, make payments, view bills, and add authorized payers.

To pay bills or deposit to your student account:

  • Click "your account" or "make a payment" at the top of the page
  • Choose the appropriate link under the payment selection list
  • Enter the dollar amount you would like to pay
  • Click "add to shopping cart" (You can edit or delete the payment at this time, continue shopping or checkout.)
  • Click "continue shopping" to add another type of payment to the account, or click "checkout" to finalize payment

To pay by credit or debit card

  • Choose "enter new credit card information" 
  • Click "continue checkout" (There is a 2.75% service charge for using your card.)
  • Fill in your credit card and card holder information (At the bottom of the screen, you have the option to save this payment method for future use.)
  • Click "continue checkout"
  • Verify that the payment information is correct
  • Click "submit" 

To pay by electronic check or e-check (ACH)

  • Choose "enter new electronic check information" 
  • Click "continue checkout"
  • Fill in your account routing and account number, account type, and account holder name information (At the bottom of the screen, you have the option to save this payment method for future use.)
  • Click "continue checkout"
  • Verify that the payment information is correct
  • Click "submit"

Once you complete your payments, you will see a screen that shows "transaction approved." This is your receipt, and you receive an e-mail with this information at the address you provided in your account. You also have the option to e-mail another receipt to someone else or view a printable receipt. You can sign out at this time or click "your account" at the top of the page to return to the dashboard. You will see the payment you just made under "your recent payments.

Get Started at My UHart. 

Students may create a Parent PIN to allow parents, guardians and other authorized payers to access their account information.

A Parent PIN must be created by the student before it can be used. The student can follow these steps to create a Parent PIN:

  • Log into your account via the Self Service Center sign on with your ID# and PIN
  • Click the CASHNet link that is provided
    • Locate the box labeled Parent PIN
    • Click the Add New link in that box
    • Enter the Login Name you wish to assign to the parent or authorized payer
    • Enter that person’s email address
    • Leave the next 2 questions defaulted to “Yes”.
    • Click OK.
    • An e-mail will be sent to the authorized payer listing the login ID and a temporary password. Authorized payers should click on the link provided in the e-mail and login and to set up their account.
Get Started at Self-Service. 

What is a bursar account?

Each student who attends the University of Hartford has a financial account with the Bursar’s Office. This student account displays charges and payments for tuition, room and board, parking permits and violations, and any other fees charged by the University.

What is electronic billing?

Electronic billing (e-billing) is a convenient, effective, and reliable alternative to sending paper bills. An e-mail notification is sent to your official University of Hartford account when an e-bill is available for viewing. You can also authorize others to view the e-bill and make an online payment. Each authorized person can receive an e-mail notification when a new e-bill is generated if they provide a current e-mail address.

What is CASHNet?

CASHNet is a vendor that the University uses to enable students and authorized users to pay their account fees online and views their financial account. Through CASHNet Self-Service, students and authorized payers receive e-bills and make e-payments online. This system eases the payment process by allowing payments to be made at any time and from any location with Internet access.

When can I expect to receive my e-bill, and when is my payment due?

Students and authorized payers receive an e-mail notification when an e-bill is available to be viewed and the payment due date. 

What happens if I do not pay on time because I did not open my electronic billing statement?

Please note that under rare circumstances this schedule may change. E-mail notifications are sent to students through their University e-mail account and to authorized users at the e-mail account provided at the time the user was added or changed on the system.

Please remember that the University of Hartford is not responsible for e-mail accounts that are listed incorrectly, when an e-mail inbox is full, or for any other reason the e-mail has not been delivered. Students and authorized users are able to check the students' account online at any time on any day. We suggest that the account be checked periodically regardless of whether or not an e-mail has been received.

Can I receive a paper bill instead of the e-bill?

All enrolled students receive an electronic billing statements. If you want a paper copy of your bill, you can log in to your account on the Student Self-Service Center and navigate to the CASHNet site to download and print a copy. Mailing addresses are located on the last page of the bill. If a student does not have a printer, he or she can print their bill in computer labs throughout campus, in the library, or in the Center for Student Success (CSS). CSS has a computer and printer available during regular operating hours for registration and billing-related purposes.

What types of payments are accepted?

The University accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, or traveler's checks as forms of payment. Checks can be mailed directly to our bank by using the payment mailing address provided on the last page of each statement. E-check (ACH) and credit card payments can be made online through the CASHNet site. CASHNet accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards.  There is no fee to make payments using e-check; however, credit card payments made using CASHNet SmartPay include a service charge that is 2.75% of the transaction amount.

What is e-check or ACH?

The University of Hartford allows students and authorized users to make payment with e-check through the CASHNet site. There is no service charge for making a payment with e-check. Payment with e-check will create an ACH transaction to your checking or savings account. A payment processed as an e-check without available funds or with a cancellation of funds will result in a $25.00 fee.

Can I use my debit card to pay my bill?

You can use any debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo to pay you bill. However, it will be processed as a credit card and will incur a 2.75% service charge. Daily limits may prevent your card from being approved.

Do you accept credit cards and, if so, is there a fee for using one?

Credit card payments can be made using CASHNet SmartPay. A service charge of 2.75% is added to the total payment. MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express cards are accepted.

How do new students set up and access online billing and payment options?

Each new student is assigned a student ID and e-mail account. Once these are assigned, the new student will need to log in to the Self-Service Center and follow the CASHNet link. Please note that the University e-mail is the official notification for e-bills. If you have trouble with your e-mail or logging into the Self-Service Center, please contact the University of Hartford's Information Technology Services at 860.768.4357.

How can I find out my account balance without having to call the Center for Student Success?

You can find current account balance information by logging in to the Student Self-Service Center and clicking the CASHNet link.

If my E-bill shows a zero ($0.00) amount due or a zero ($0.00) amount estimated after factoring in pending financial aid, do I need to do anything?

No, you do not need to send a payment if the amount due is $0.00. Please be advised that any change to the pending financial aid may reflect a change in the amount due.

Who do I contact if I have questions regarding e-billing or e-payment?

You can contact the Center for Student Success for questions regarding e-billing and e-payment at 860.768.4999 or via e-mail at

Why is my financial aid not on my account?

  • Federal Aid: Federal financial aid cannot be credited to a student's account until ten days prior to the start of classes. Federal loans should be credited to student accounts within two days of receipt of the actual loan disbursement.
  • Outside Scholarships: The University does not consider outside scholarships a payment until the actual check is received and credited to your account. Outside scholarships follow the same payment due dates as tuition payments. You will need to make sure that they have the current due dates for your tuition. If payment is not expected by the due date, you will need to pay your account balance in full and can request a refund when the scholarship money is received and your bursar account reflects a credit balance
  • Institutional Aid: Institutional aid will be released in conjunction with federal guidelines.
  • Private Loans: Private loans should be credited to student accounts within two days of receipt of the funds.

In addition to the reasons outlined above, financial aid may not be credited on your account because funds from a lender or scholarship company have not been received or because there are outstanding document or information requirements. 

What is a financial hold on my account?

Financial holds are placed on accounts with overdue balances. Each billing cycle shows a due date for payment. If payment is not received by the due date, a financial hold is placed on the student's account. Accounts with financial holds will have a restriction placed on transactions such as future registration activity, adding additional dining dollars, release of transcripts, and release of diploma.

Does the University of Hartford offer a payment plan?

The University of Hartford partners with CASHNet in offering a budgeted payment plan (FSPP) for the fall and spring terms. However, there are guidelines for activation of a use of this payment plan. Plans can only be administered for current charges and there are strict deadlines for start up, payments, and changes made to the original plan amount. There is also an enrollment fee of $40 per term to participate in the plan. Any balance above the contracted amount for each term is due and payable to the University of Hartford in accordance with our published payment deadlines. Please click here for additional payment information.

How do I request a refund for an overpayment on my account?

Currently you can request a refund by visiting the Center for Student Success, by phone at 860.768.4999 or by e-mail at Please note that the requester of the refund must be the payee. For instance, if the account is paid through a parent plus loan, the parent who took out the loan would need to be the one requesting the refund. Requests made to the CSS e-mail account may be delayed during peak times during the semester.

Billing Schedule

Billing Due Date
May 3, 2023 First 2023 Summerterm bill June 1, 2023
June 7, 2023 June 30, 2023
July 7, 2023 July 28, 2023
August 3, 2023 August 31, 2023
September 7, 2023 September 29, 2023
October 3, 2023 October 31, 2023
November 17, 2023 First Winter & Spring 2024 term bill  December 13, 2023
December 15, 2023   January 12, 2024
January 19, 2024 February 12, 2024
February 15, 2024 March 11, 2024
March 14, 2024 March 29, 2024
April 3, 2024 April 29, 2024
May 6, 2024 First 2024 summer term bill May 31, 2024